top 50 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] ArchRecord@lemm.ee 3 points 19 hours ago

The website on there is ridiculous 😂

Didn't know that Solar Radiation Management and Carbon Dioxide Removal were ideologies.

Why are skies now so often filled with the lingering, expanding, and sky covering remnants of jet aircraft dispersions?

More... more planes, perhaps?

[-] FlyingSquid@lemmy.world 2 points 18 hours ago

You have far more patience than I do.

is that censored word the n word? or a name or something? Why is it censored?

[-] citizenserious@discuss.tchncs.de 10 points 1 day ago* (last edited 1 day ago)

The word is Nazi, there is a conspiracy theory that Hitler and the Nazis fled to Antarctica. Some even say that at the poles are portals which lead inside the Earth, where they still life under a black sun. Crazy right? I still try to figure out how they manage to live inside a flat earth. Could also not figure out if Hitler is on the moon our dark sunbathing. But I think the moon is more realistic, think about it, you just have to replace the S and the A in NASA and you get Nazi. If that's not a proof enough that crocodiles are our leaders I can't help you anymore.

[-] KillingTimeItself@lemmy.dbzer0.com 1 points 15 hours ago

god i fucking hate the internet sometimes. What a stupid conspiracy lol.

[-] Canadian_anarchist@lemmy.ca 1 points 20 hours ago

It's like someone watched Iron Skies 1 and 2 and mistook them for documentaries. I keep waiting for them to praise Hitler riding a T-Rex.

[-] Retrograde@lemmy.world 5 points 1 day ago

People censor so much on the Internet and it baffles me. Like, thanks for saving my sensitive eyes from the word Nazi I guess?

[-] KillingTimeItself@lemmy.dbzer0.com 1 points 17 hours ago

thank god, if the word nazi was there i would've saved my time not having to think about what that word was, leaving a comment about it, and then being confused about half of the words in the post lol.

[-] billwashere@lemmy.world 5 points 1 day ago

How do people like this have jobs?

[-] Fontasia@feddit.nl 78 points 3 days ago

I wish NASA thought about NASA the way this guy thinks about NASA

[-] CptEnder@lemmy.world 5 points 1 day ago

NASA: this guy's right, we should build a Dyson Sphere.

[-] yeather@lemmy.ca 8 points 2 days ago

I saw we should fund NASA like conspiracy theorists think we do. It’s amazing how much they do with so “little” money.

[-] bitchkat@lemmy.world 2 points 1 day ago

That's because the money flows to NASA under the table.

[-] naught101@lemmy.world 2 points 1 day ago

Conspiracy theorist don't think NASA and other orgs are ridiculously well funded. They just have near-zero concept of the scale of costs for the things that they claim. Innumeracy is a prerequisite for conspiracy theory beliefs.

[-] VelvetStorm@lemmy.world 15 points 2 days ago

Fuck, some people are beyond saving. I hope this person is incapable of having children and is not in a position to teach or interact with kids at all.

[-] curiousaur@reddthat.com 5 points 1 day ago

I'm genuinely worried they're driving.

[-] massacre@lemmy.world 7 points 2 days ago
[-] dual_sport_dork@lemmy.world 52 points 3 days ago* (last edited 2 days ago)

That's right! The sun, the thing that prevents our entire planet from being a frozen rock, which imparts 44 quadrillion watts of energy on the Earth's surface, is just an elaborate NASA hoax!

They actually generate all that energy with...

...Uh...

???

[-] kautau@lemmy.world 16 points 2 days ago

They generate that power using the unlimited abundance of energy generated by the mental gymnastics of people like these

[-] Telorand@reddthat.com 17 points 3 days ago

Solar simulators are actually really cool, and it's a shame these goobers are too busy pretending to know everything, in order to feel special, to actually learn what they are.

(If someone hasn't heard of them, here's one of the biggest ones.)

load more comments (7 replies)
[-] TheMightyCanuck@sh.itjust.works 22 points 2 days ago

That's his Vanifesto!

[-] Gork@lemm.ee 40 points 3 days ago

The Sun being fake is a new one to me.

[-] Telorand@reddthat.com 23 points 3 days ago

Look up "Solar Simulator." It's a real device scientists use to test the effects of sunlight on various things, from solar panels to satellites (depending on the size of the simulator).

Flerfs think NASA has one that they bring out during the day and float in the sky just to make Flerfs look stupid, when in reality, they don't need any help looking stupid.

[-] fylkenny@lemmy.world 14 points 3 days ago

Could be in response to the guy who wants to bring flat earthers to Antarctica. He wants to prove a globe by showing them, that there is 24 hours of daylight there. Now the flat earthers a fabulating about a sun simulator as a counter to it.

[-] IndiBrony@lemmy.world 9 points 3 days ago

I've delved down this hole myself in recent months because it's fun. YouTube channels I'd recommend for people wanting to laugh at flerfers:

The ones I can think of off the top of my head are: SciManDan, Creaky Blinder, Conspiracy Toonz, David McKeegan and Fight The Flat Earth (FTFE). I've also been watching a lot of Planet Peterson lately, but his way of doing things is very much "say something stupid and I will verbally lay into you until you admit you're a fucking dumbass" which I'm sure can grate on some people and make him come across as very obnoxious and rude.

But they will all help educate you on why flat earth (and other conspiracies aside) are stupid, to varying degrees, espeically Dave McKeegan if you're into photography.

[-] FlyingSquid@lemmy.world 10 points 3 days ago

You clearly don't watch enough videos of someone ranting for 3 hours on YouTube. Then you'd know all about it.

[-] 58008@lemmy.world 24 points 2 days ago

The reason the sun sets is it takes so much energy to run that they have to switch to a much dimmer "moon" at night to give themselves enough time to recharge the battery enough for the next day's light. It's solar-powered, so of course they need to ensure it's not running at max brightness in order to get the most gains.

[-] Cyclist@lemmy.world 13 points 2 days ago

Ah! The sun is run on solar power. Now I understand.

load more comments (2 replies)
[-] njm1314@lemmy.world 20 points 2 days ago

The sun being fake is a new one I got to say

[-] Zink@programming.dev 3 points 1 day ago

You should join this cool new cult with me.

The night time is the right time! The night time is the right time!

I’m sure some people here are old enough to get that reference.

[-] 0x0@lemmy.dbzer0.com 1 points 1 day ago

Ray Charles?

[-] MirthfulAlembic@lemmy.world 14 points 2 days ago

Yeah, I can't get over that. NASA was formed in 1958... Are they saying there was no sun before then? Literally every culture that has left behind any archaeological evidence has referenced the sun in some way.

Unless they believe that the sun is a god that NASA captured in the late 50s and replaced with a simulation so we wouldn't notice. That would be crazy too, but kinda metal as far as conspiracies go.

[-] Mac@mander.xyz 3 points 2 days ago

You're using to many brain cells to try to understand them.

[-] Valmond@lemmy.world 6 points 2 days ago

Flat sun society!

load more comments (1 replies)
[-] JustZ@lemmy.world 28 points 3 days ago

Being this stupid is a threat to national security.

[-] gndagreborn@lemmy.world 14 points 3 days ago

You joke, but that is just about the sum of it. Illiteracy followed by deranged conspiracy theories erode public trust in institutions. The current GOP is case and point.

[-] Macaroni_ninja@lemmy.world 22 points 3 days ago

Before NASA who simulated the sun? In the middle ages they had no weather? Or history is also a hoax 🤔

[-] Sabata11792@ani.social 11 points 2 days ago

NASA destroyed the magic industry, captured the wizzards and forces them to inscribe runes into silicon.

[-] PlasticExistence@lemmy.world 5 points 2 days ago* (last edited 2 days ago)

PROOF OF THESE RUNES CARVED INTO GOLDEN PLATES

[-] dumbass@leminal.space 5 points 2 days ago

why is it human instinct to send unsolicited nudes?

[-] PlasticExistence@lemmy.world 1 points 1 day ago

Gotta be in it to win it?

load more comments (3 replies)
[-] ccunning@lemmy.world 28 points 3 days ago

I don’t think this person understands how equations work.

[-] tacosanonymous@lemm.ee 28 points 3 days ago

Who never left Antarctica?!

[-] disguy_ovahea@lemmy.world 34 points 3 days ago* (last edited 3 days ago)

I think it’s Nazis, based on the length of the word and placement of the tittle.

[-] MossyFeathers@pawb.social 26 points 3 days ago

That makes a hell of a lot more sense than what I thought it was. But why'd they censor "Nazi"? I assumed it was a slur because why else would you censor an "n-word"?

[-] Tenthrow@lemmy.world 11 points 3 days ago

Not sure why it was edited but seems right. I think the dot of the "i" made it outside the box there.

[-] dumbass@leminal.space 2 points 1 day ago

Nick's never left Antarctica, he's afraid of flying.

load more comments (17 replies)
[-] whotookkarl@lemmy.world 11 points 2 days ago

5G = Militory Doodly Frequency

load more comments
view more: next ›
this post was submitted on 24 Sep 2024
321 points (98.2% liked)

InsanePeopleFacebook

2518 readers
174 users here now

Screenshots of people being insane on Facebook. Please censor names/pics of end users in screenshots. Please follow the rules of lemmy.world

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS