Silent weekend (lemmy.world)
top 27 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] Bluefalcon@discuss.tchncs.de 24 points 6 days ago
[-] cheddar@programming.dev 9 points 5 days ago* (last edited 5 days ago)

My neighbors when they heard there is a discount on a more powerful stereo to blast at 03:00.

[-] KellysNokia@lemmy.world 4 points 5 days ago

They also perform well in the high jump

[-] Bluefalcon@discuss.tchncs.de -3 points 5 days ago
[-] Confused_Emus@lemmy.dbzer0.com 4 points 5 days ago

I think they meant the upstairs neighbors, lol

[-] KellysNokia@lemmy.world 2 points 5 days ago
[-] Confused_Emus@lemmy.dbzer0.com 2 points 5 days ago

One of the many racist stereotypes about black people is they are naturally more athletic due to physical differences between the races. I remember when I was in high school in Mississippi, one of the things you’d often hear is that black people can jump higher - or the more subtle way to put it, white men can’t jump.

[-] KellysNokia@lemmy.world 5 points 5 days ago* (last edited 5 days ago)

Ohhhhh, I meant the upstairs neighbors were also good at high jump in addition to the 100m sprint (e.g. jumping around, body slamming the ground)

[-] Bluefalcon@discuss.tchncs.de 1 points 5 days ago

In the U.S. , it's common in sports for announcers to make observations like you did to describe black athletes. Where as white players are described as smart, having heart, or over coming odds.

The gif is of Michael Che making one of his catch phrases on Saturday Night Live. Che and his co-host Colin Jost ( married to Scarlett Johansson) write racist or super offensive jokes for each other.

I was doing a " that's what she said (u.s. office)"; " did i do that (family matter's)" catch phrase joke with you but with a offensive or racist tone. Matching the vibe of Che and Jost.

https://ew.com/michael-che-colin-jost-snl-weekend-update-made-him-furious-8711574

[-] aeronmelon@lemmy.world 22 points 6 days ago

“Oh my goodness, it’s almost 3AM! Time to vacuum to Tejano music!”

[-] Anticorp@lemmy.world 5 points 5 days ago

Is that the Mexican music with super heavy tuba for the bass? My neighbors used to pump that music at max volume until the wee hours of the morning when they were having parties.

[-] 50MYT@aussie.zone 21 points 6 days ago
[-] Marduk73@sh.itjust.works 5 points 5 days ago

Video was very well done. I enjoyed that.

[-] Drusas@fedia.io 2 points 5 days ago

One of my absolute favorites.

[-] Anticorp@lemmy.world 13 points 5 days ago

When I lived in an apartment my upstairs neighbor would play FPS games at 2 am with volume levels approaching the volume levels of actual combat. It was so loud that he couldn't hear me banging on his door until I was almost kicking the door in.

[-] ripcord@lemmy.world 6 points 5 days ago

How many times did you have to go up there, and what'd he say?

[-] Anticorp@lemmy.world 8 points 5 days ago

Twice. The second time I told him I'm going to register a complaint with the apartment complex, and let the police deal with knocking on his door. He didn't say much, he was drunk and stoned out of his mind. But I had a toddler, and had to be at work at 4 am, so his 2 am shenanigans seriously impacted me, and my patience was gone after the second offense. Thankfully there was never a 3rd.

[-] Caesium@lemmy.world 15 points 5 days ago

my upstairs neighbor has a trampoline

[-] TheBrideWoreCrimson@sopuli.xyz 3 points 5 days ago

Does anybody else also have a "bouncing tennis ball" upstairs neighbor, or is it just me?

[-] TachyonTele@lemm.ee 9 points 5 days ago

The drill! What and why are they always drilling something!?

[-] CenturionKing@lemmy.world 1 points 5 days ago

Making holes in cheese

[-] JeeBaiChow@lemmy.world 10 points 6 days ago

Accurate. There are Airbnb units above and to the sides of me. Because they are in holiday, and don't pay for extra beds, these people tend to move the furniture around at 2 and 7am, to make space for the temporary bedding they brought, and to restore the living space for the rest of the day, respectively. It's a nuisance for me trying to enjoy a quiet weekend.

[-] Vinny_93@lemmy.world 7 points 6 days ago

My upstairs neighbour is me but my next door neighbours are this

I always described it as my upstairs neighbors were midget tossing

[-] patak@lemmy.world 2 points 5 days ago
[-] falseprophet@fedia.io 1 points 6 days ago

So much worse where I live

this post was submitted on 21 Sep 2024
502 points (98.3% liked)

Funny: Home of the Haha

5432 readers
970 users here now

Welcome to /c/funny, a place for all your humorous and amusing content.

Looking for mods! Send an application to Stamets!

Our Rules:

1. Keep it civil. We're all people here. Be respectful to one another.

2. No sexism, racism, homophobia, transphobia or any other flavor of bigotry. I should not need to explain this one.

3. Try not to repost anything posted within the past month. Beyond that, go for it. Not everyone is on every site all the time.

Other Communities:

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS