submitted 1 year ago by admin@beehaw.org to c/humanities@beehaw.org
top 7 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] LoraxEleven@beehaw.org 21 points 1 year ago

Just in case anyone doesn't know:

Enable captions on his videos!

Went way too long before I realized there was a whole other layer of info on them.

[-] Star_FOX_dew_HOUND@beehaw.org 5 points 1 year ago

Bless you, you wonderful human being.

[-] jay2@beehaw.org 5 points 1 year ago

Wow, very cool.

As a refractory designer, nearly every day of my life for the last seventeen years has been spent createing linings or shapes for large complex industrial vessels, mostly steel, glass or cement, and this hits me where I live.

I also find the math and geometry of my work quite soothing. You haven't lived until you've calculated a brick dome manually. The math is so pure.

[-] mooncabbage@beehaw.org 5 points 1 year ago

I love this channel. It's great to watch at bedtime too, so soothing.

[-] Penguincoder@beehaw.org 4 points 1 year ago

I love this channel! Seeing how different structures could be made like the wattle hut and roof tiles are really cool. Makes me want to get out there and do some of the same; but I don't have anywhere near his talent at that sort of thing. Impressive stuff.

[-] admin@beehaw.org 3 points 1 year ago

Incredibly fascinating content that I've been following from just about the very beginning of his channel.

[-] jarfil@beehaw.org 4 points 1 year ago

My only issue with that channel... is that I'd need to carry a copy of the videos on a smartphone to follow all the things he's done.

this post was submitted on 31 Aug 2023
38 points (100.0% liked)

Humanities & Cultures

2520 readers
4 users here now

Human society and cultural news, studies, and other things of that nature. From linguistics to philosophy to religion to anthropology, if it's an academic discipline you can most likely put it here.

Subcommunities on Beehaw:

This community's icon was made by Aaron Schneider, under the CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0 license.

founded 2 years ago
MODERATORS