submitted 1 year ago by kimchi_boy@vlemmy.net to c/chat@vlemmy.net

That’s all.

top 5 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] pyarra@vlemmy.net 6 points 1 year ago

Ill pass it on to the devs. Is this for mobile? Desktop? Or both?

[-] sogekingfisher@vlemmy.net 2 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

I'd say both, personally. On the app Sync (for a different platform), I was able to swipe away the current context to return to the previous one, going one layer at a time back to the homepage.

So I'd say ideally (and this is likely too much work to adjust), clicking a post should layer it over the current context. Clicking a close button or swiping with touch or cursor removes that contextual overlay. Ctrl/cmd click still opens a new tab instead, as does middle click. This could be a configuration setting that needs enabled, but applies at mobile sizes. Keep all normal href data (some services implement that in a way that prevents middle click/etc. from opening the new context in a new tab/window).

Maybe too "appy" for a website, but it was quite a nice interface for a native Android app.

Thanks for hosting this instance, BTW

[-] Krzak@vlemmy.net 2 points 1 year ago

Yeah I miss that option (desktop). An X coud work too.

[-] MostlyLazy@vlemmy.net 1 points 1 year ago

Try wefwef. That feature was implemented this week! There are 1 or 2 updates a day and I think it is pretty good!

[-] 0x4E4F@sh.itjust.works 1 points 1 year ago

I think it has one on the web UI 🤔. On mobile, you can just use the back button, either in a web browser or any app.

load more comments
view more: next ›
this post was submitted on 06 Jul 2023
11 points (100.0% liked)

VLemmy Chat

1 readers
11 users here now

A place for chatting, talking about local communities, and overall just vibing in VLemmy. Follow the instance rules when chatting in here.

Remember to post support questions to the support community, !support@vlemmy.net

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS