you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] brockblocka@lemm.ee 15 points 6 months ago

Ha! Here in Australia we don't 'prep'. But I reckon I could comfortably survive in the bush for a good year with what I could throw into my ute with 5 min warning.

[-] Aussiemandeus@aussie.zone 5 points 6 months ago

Yeah i live in the Territory, plenty of empty space thousands of head of cattle no one would care about once global trade collapsed.

Hell i think pur biggest problems would be other countries trying to take over.

[-] Klear@lemmy.world 2 points 6 months ago

I've seen a series of documentaries about this starring Mel Gibson.

[-] Aussiemandeus@aussie.zone 1 points 6 months ago

Ohh yeah it was a really accurate documentary too, i enjoyed howbthe director didnt fictionalise anything or try push their own agenda in the documentary. 10/10

[-] TexasDrunk@lemmy.world 3 points 6 months ago

I could do alright for a few months if I found a remote enough place with a nice stream. I've got a garden and my tackle box is already in the truck for reasons unrelated to the apocalypse. I'd be living off fish, a small variety of veggies, and garlic.

If I could reach back far enough in my memory I could make a bow, fletch some arrows, and go hunting. I have the woodworking tools and with a bit of trial and error could probably remember how to make a string from animal gut or hide. Bonus, more fish hooks.

I would really enjoy that until it stopped feeling like a vacation and started feeling like work. I love hunting and used to love making tools for it.

[-] Pandantic@midwest.social 2 points 6 months ago

I’ve been thinking more and more about Australia as a safe haven, but I’ll have to learn to be an Australian to live there. Lots of things that will kill you there.

this post was submitted on 11 Mar 2024
187 points (97.9% liked)

A Boring Dystopia

9576 readers
782 users here now

Pictures, Videos, Articles showing just how boring it is to live in a dystopic society, or with signs of a dystopic society.

Rules (Subject to Change)

--Be a Decent Human Being

--Posting news articles: include the source name and exact title from article in your post title

--Posts must have something to do with the topic

--Zero tolerance for Racism/Sexism/Ableism/etc.

--No NSFW content

--Abide by the rules of lemmy.world

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS