you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] LaughingLion@hexbear.net 7 points 7 months ago

my fam is like this. my father will be passing in the next 10 years. currently, my step-sis and her husband and their 4 kids live in that house. my dad has a wild retirement from like 4 sources and the house is paid off. step-sis and husband dont really work and literally never have. they have next to no earning potential despite both of them being around 50. hes leaving them the house and im not bitter about that, i mean, if not theyd straight up be homeless along with my step neices and nephews (who are all going to college and shit, my pops is paying for it). when he dies and they get the house it gets re-assessed for property taxes. not at the 1980s tax rates he pays now. at the 202X tax rates or whenever that is. they full on wont be able to keep up with that or home insurance. and home maintenance. i dont know how long they can persist in that house. i just know it wont be forever.

this post was submitted on 29 Feb 2024
87 points (100.0% liked)

the_dunk_tank

15891 readers
558 users here now

It's the dunk tank.

This is where you come to post big-brained hot takes by chuds, libs, or even fellow leftists, and tear them to itty-bitty pieces with precision dunkstrikes.

Rule 1: All posts must include links to the subject matter, and no identifying information should be redacted.

Rule 2: If your source is a reactionary website, please use archive.is instead of linking directly.

Rule 3: No sectarianism.

Rule 4: TERF/SWERFs Not Welcome

Rule 5: No ableism of any kind (that includes stuff like libt*rd)

Rule 6: Do not post fellow hexbears.

Rule 7: Do not individually target other instances' admins or moderators.

Rule 8: The subject of a post cannot be low hanging fruit, that is comments/posts made by a private person that have low amount of upvotes/likes/views. Comments/Posts made on other instances that are accessible from hexbear are an exception to this. Posts that do not meet this requirement can be posted to !shitreactionariessay@lemmygrad.ml

Rule 9: if you post ironic rage bait im going to make a personal visit to your house to make sure you never make this mistake again

founded 4 years ago
MODERATORS