I live in NYC and it seems like almost every time I go out for a bike ride someone almost hits me with their car. And then if you call them out on it they act like it's your fault. I can't even get out for a bike ride to clear my head anymore. I'm so sick of it.

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] cerement@slrpnk.net 20 points 10 months ago

won’t help for clearing your head, but try hooking up with Critical Mass (you’ll at least get one day when it’s safe-ish to be on the roads)

[-] toothpicks@slrpnk.net 10 points 10 months ago

Thanks that's a great idea. I've heard of things like this but somehow never looked into the possibility that it already exists in my city.

[-] Nemo@midwest.social 8 points 10 months ago

See if your local cycling groups do a commuter "bike bus" as well. There's one in Chicago that's become very popular.

[-] Satiric_Weasel@beehaw.org 4 points 10 months ago

You love in New York man, if it exists it can be found there. Best of luck out on the roads!

this post was submitted on 23 Nov 2023
55 points (89.9% liked)

utility cycling

629 readers
1 users here now

🚴🚲 Welcome to the Utility Cycling Community! 🚲🚴

Are you a passionate cyclist who believes that bicycles can transform the way we move around our cities and towns? Are you interested in exploring the world of utility biking, where bicycles are a tool for practicality, sustainability, and adventure? If so, you've come to the right place!

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS