submitted 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago) by drewisawesome14@lemmy.world to c/guitars@lemmy.world

I’m not sure why, but it never fails for me to be disappointed whenever I use an amp sim.

Whenever I plug in my guitar directly into the DI and load up an amp sim with a cab ir, it just sounds super flat. No dynamics, no life, just very lack luster all around and I have no idea why.

I have recorded guitar tracks while running a distortion pedal into a Mooer Radar Cab IR Loader and it sounded very good. But cannot for the life of me get an amp sim to sound nearly as dynamic when I run just my guitar into the DI

What gives?

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] novibe@lemmy.ml 3 points 1 year ago

I guess it might be a good idea to share a recording? As an edit to your post? Idk.

[-] drewisawesome14@lemmy.world 2 points 1 year ago
[-] allroy@lemm.ee 1 points 1 year ago

shared where? I'd like to hear it but don't see a link..

[-] drewisawesome14@lemmy.world 1 points 1 year ago

Someone pm’d me and said my personal information was showing.

Here’s the updated link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14FVArdbTQt2-UcYk1Ul6snfpyNAYSC1F/view?usp=drivesdk

this post was submitted on 21 Sep 2023
37 points (100.0% liked)

guitars

3831 readers
1 users here now

Welcome to /c/guitars! Let's show off our new guitar pics, ask questions about playing, theory, luthier-ship, and more!

Please bring all positive vibes to the community and leave the toxic stuff elsewhere.

Banner credit

Rules:

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS