Still definitely a work in progress but it's great so far.

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] mershed_perderders@sh.itjust.works 32 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

hello! author here. I'm late to this party but, just for good order:

This script is good for desktop, but not great for mobile. If your primary interaction is on a mobile device, probably check the comments for (much) better alternatives.

[-] masterspace@lemmy.ca 3 points 1 year ago

That's awesome. Wefwef is a remarkably great mobile app, but I've been wanting a RES equivalent for desktop!

[-] mershed_perderders@lemm.ee 2 points 1 year ago

if you are on an instance that has upgraded to v0.18.1 (lemmy.world; lemm.ee; feddit.nl; etc.) and browse on widescreen/desktop you will want this version (for the updated UI):

https://github.com/soundjester/lemmy_monkey/raw/dev-v2.6-Lemmy-v0.18.1/old.reddit.compact.user.js

[-] reedthompson@reddthat.com -2 points 1 year ago

Just to be clear, you're saying Sync won't work well on mobile?

[-] Enkers@sh.itjust.works 4 points 1 year ago

I think this is the author of the userscript to make lemmy look like old.reddit, not the author of sync that you're replying to.

yes, @Enkers@sh.itjust.works has it correct, I'm referring to the linked userscript (not Sync).

Sync will probably work just fine for mobile, but i'm not 100% sure it is available. I think it's just in development at the moment.

[-] can@sh.itjust.works 5 points 1 year ago

6 week eta but there's a signup page available now. May need to disable adblock or Firefox privacy settings temporarily to make the form work. This might have been fixed already though.

this post was submitted on 01 Jul 2023
510 points (97.9% liked)

sh.itjust.works Main Community

7585 readers
2 users here now

Home of the sh.itjust.works instance.

Matrix

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS