submitted 1 day ago by Rider@eviltoast.org to c/gaming@beehaw.org
you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] Faydaikin@beehaw.org 15 points 1 day ago* (last edited 23 hours ago)

I don't know about "better". It looks different.

But then again, I think the original looks fine and that there's no need for a remake. It's just a way to milk suckers for more cash.

"Look at the shiny! Don't you want the shiny?"

[-] Rider@eviltoast.org 8 points 23 hours ago

They also Doubled game price on Uk store just days after the remaster trailer. Previously it was  £15.99 and now it's £34.99. So they are definitely milking for cash.

[-] hedgehog@ttrpg.network 1 points 33 minutes ago

Paired with allowing people who own the original to upgrade for $10 (and I’m assuming something similar in the UK) when they’re charging $50 for the remaster if you don’t have the original, that makes sense. They’re just closing a loophole.

I’d much rather they double the existing game’s price than for them to charge $25-$30 for the upgrade or to even just not have one outright.

It sucks for anyone who’d been planning to play the original and who just hadn’t bought it yet, but used prices for discs should still be low, so only the subset of those people who have disc-less machines are really impacted.

this post was submitted on 26 Sep 2024
24 points (100.0% liked)

Gaming

30442 readers
404 users here now

From video gaming to card games and stuff in between, if it's gaming you can probably discuss it here!

Please Note: Gaming memes are permitted to be posted on Meme Mondays, but will otherwise be removed in an effort to allow other discussions to take place.

See also Gaming's sister community Tabletop Gaming.

This community's icon was made by Aaron Schneider, under the CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0 license.

founded 2 years ago
MODERATORS