you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] FlyingSquid@lemmy.world 37 points 4 days ago

In my experience, if you read it cover to cover, it either makes you an atheist or makes you super religious. Not too many people go into it as a basic "I go to church on Sundays" Christian and come out of it the same.

[-] Boozilla@lemmy.world 17 points 4 days ago

I highly recommend the Esoterica channel on YouTube. He gets into all the interesting stuff that was left out of the Bible. The greater context and pre-Bible history is fascinating.

[-] FlyingSquid@lemmy.world 15 points 4 days ago

Does he go over the apocrypha too? I love the Infancy Gospel of Thomas where teenage Jesus is an asshole who abuses his powers because he feels like it.

[-] LillyPip@lemmy.ca 2 points 3 days ago

I like the one where Jesus was born in a cave, there were no wise men, just a few random children, and within like an hour of being born, Jesus fights a dragon and wins. That’s a much cooler nativity scene.

load more comments (1 replies)
load more comments (1 replies)
load more comments (11 replies)
this post was submitted on 22 Sep 2024
1005 points (99.1% liked)

Political Memes

5267 readers
2982 users here now

Welcome to politcal memes!

These are our rules:

Be civilJokes are okay, but don’t intentionally harass or disturb any member of our community. Sexism, racism and bigotry are not allowed. Good faith argumentation only. No posts discouraging people to vote or shaming people for voting.

No misinformationDon’t post any intentional misinformation. When asked by mods, provide sources for any claims you make.

Posts should be memesRandom pictures do not qualify as memes. Relevance to politics is required.

No bots, spam or self-promotionFollow instance rules, ask for your bot to be allowed on this community.

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS