you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] acetanilide@lemmy.world 5 points 1 month ago

Unfortunately many of those "exercise people" this tweet is referring to do not take any disabilities into consideration. I can't tell you how many people have told me to just "go for a walk" when my disabilities require me to do specific exercises from a horizontal position. At some point I might be able to do slightly more intense recumbent stuff (very slow, low resistance cycling) but walking/running will unfortunately never be something that helps me. And don't get me started on the HIIT fad. I would die lol (not joking though)

[-] kireotick@lemmy.world 3 points 1 month ago

Swimming maybe? Is that an option?

[-] acetanilide@lemmy.world 3 points 1 month ago

Yeah, if you mean laps etc it'll be when I can move up to more intense stuff. Right now I can basically sit and float around.

Right now the exercises I do feel like I'm doing nothing (until later, then I'm exhausted for days). It's frustrating because before all of this happened I was doing a lot of incline and strength training, which I can't do anymore. The exercises I'm able to do now basically amount to a few flutter-like moves and some shoulder work. Even that was too much this week so going to have to tell my trainer we have to pull back even further.

this post was submitted on 24 Aug 2024
1778 points (99.4% liked)

People Twitter

5023 readers
1339 users here now

People tweeting stuff. We allow tweets from anyone.

RULES:

1. Mark NSFW content.
  2. No doxxing people.
  3. Must be a tweet or similar
  4. No bullying.
  5. Be excellent to each other.

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS